Junk Removal – Why It Is Important to Approach a Professional
It takes much effort to clean out your basement, organize your living space or workspace. While cleaning is an unpleasant task, the next step is even more difficult. How do you dispose of all that junk? Junk Removal Companies can help you take the strain off your shoulders and dispose of the junk as needed.
You might not have the proper knowledge to dispose of junk as a homeowner. It is important to sort, process, organize, donate or recycle every single junk item before categorizing it as trash. Many of the goods and products we have are made from a variety of materials. Some materials are biodegradable and can be recycled or decomposed, while others cannot. A certain category of materials is recyclable, while others aren’t. This information is important if you want to move your junk as efficiently and effectively as possible. Junk removal companies can help you dispose of your junk efficiently as they have sufficient knowledge, information, and skilled teams to do so.
How Do Junk Removal Professional Operate?
Junk removal companies are usually available on a demand basis. Once you reach out to them and contact them, they will arrange a time that suits you. The company will send a team or small crew to pick up the junk at the agreed time. They often offer two options:
- Truck hauling: This option is offered by waste removal companies where they send a team that has a big truck with a dumpster attached at the back. They will collect all your junk and haul them away. It is a good option to remove junk from your home after a move or post-renovation clean-up.
- Dumpster rental: This option allows you to have a dumpster delivered to your desired location by a junk removal company. You will fill up the dumpster as you clean up over the course of several days. After you are done, they will come to pick up the dumpster. It is a great option if you need to clear out a space full of junk over the span of few days but do not have enough space to store them.
Why should you hire junk removal services?
Hiring junk removal companies have many other benefits, including their knowledge about garbage disposal.
- It is time-efficient: Junk removal companies possess more knowledge about how to dispose of junk than you, which means you can save a lot of your time trying to figure out the system. We all lead busy lives. If we have any spare time, we want to use it for leisure rather than work. Junk removal companies can help you save time.
- Employment creation: We are creating market space for these services, which, in turn, creates jobs. Junk removal companies help to kill two birds with one stone. They preserve the environment and contribute to the country’s economy and foster a sense of community.
- Free space and decluttering: Junk removal companies offer more space and help with decluttering. They motivate us to clean out our basements, living rooms, or workspaces to make more space. Many junk removal companies offer services such as disaster clean-ups. They can help you remove floorings, drywalls, and other construction debris that a disaster might have damaged. They can also help with seasonal clean-ups, such as removing leaves and branches.
- Giving back to the environment: Junk removal companies are known for recycling as much junk as possible from every household. All the salvageable items are recycled, then the non-biodegradable and unsalvageable items are sent to incinerators or landfills.
- Avoid injury and safety hazards: Avoid getting hurt by clearing out your living spaces and hallways of unnecessary junk, such as unused furniture.
What are the steps taken by junk removal companies?
Junk removal companies often take more than just junk. Each company has its list of accepted items.
Here are some common items that all junk removal companies accept (the list isn’t exhaustive): Couches, mattresses, box springs, chairs, tables, desks, bookcases, filing cabinets, televisions, computers, monitors, printers, copy machines, hot tubs, refrigerators, freezers, stoves and ovens, microwaves, air conditioners, water heaters, washers, dryers, dishwashers, trash compactors, construction waste, bagged garbage, lawnmowers, yard waste, tires, scrap metal, exercise equipment, bicycles, tools, boxes, books, toys, musical instruments, including large items like pianos and clothing.
What junk removal companies won’t take?
Junk removal companies have a similar list of unacceptable items as they have of items they accept. They refuse to transport hazardous waste or industrial waste. They also refuse to accept items that are too heavy or located in dangerous areas.
They mainly refuse to accept the following items (the list isn’t exhaustive): Opened bottles/cans of paint, oil drums and oil tanks, pesticides, fuel, household cleaners, fluorescent light bulbs, pharmaceuticals, ammunition, fireworks, asbestos, pressurized containers, medical waste, chemicals and solvents, gasoline, any other sort of toxic or hazardous waste.
These items must be disposed of as per the laws of the country. Your junk removal company should avoid taking on toxic, combustible, and reactive materials because they cannot dispose of toxic and hazardous waste in landfills. They must be treated, stored, and processed in a certain way before being disposed of.
How much does junk removal cost?
The amount of space your junk will occupy at the truck’s back determines the cost of junk removal. The removal will be more efficient if there are fewer items to get rid of. However, heavier items will result in a more expensive removal. Depending on how big your junk aggregation is, you can either go for dumpster rental or truck hauling.
Prices for junk removal vary depending on where you live, your circumstances, and the location. If you do not have enough space for a rental dumpster, truck hauling is the best disposal option.
Some junk removal companies send a team to inspect your truck before they pick it up. They will calculate the space that your junk will take up and give you an estimated quote. The price quoted on-site is transparent and accurate. They use the term “truckload” to describe prices based on a quarter of a pickup truckload, half a pickup truckload, or a full truckload.
The junk removal companies’ trucks can carry 16 short tons of junk. Prices range from $100 to $350, reaching up to $800 for a full truckload. Dumpster renting costs $300 to $550 per week. Another factor that influences the prices is where you live. The cost of junk removal services will vary depending on where you live. In New York City, a full truckload can run up to $800, while it costs only $500 in Oklahoma.
Where does the junk go after it’s been hauled away by the companies?
The majority of junk from houses is recycled and donated to second-hand shops for reuse or resell. They donate toys to children, clothes to shelters, couches, furniture to army veterans, musical instruments to the less fortunate. Items that cannot be recycled or donated are then sent to landfills. Many junk removal companies donate more or recycle more, which is why it is important to research the company before you choose one.
Innovative junk removal companies also accept electronic waste because they are experts in reusing and correctly disposing of electronic waste. By disposing of electronic waste responsibly, they help reduce the number of plastics reaching landfills; this, in turn, helps to slow down landfill filling and helps the environment recover from the plastics disaster.
How Do You Choose the Best Junk Removal Company?
Three factors will influence your decision on which junk removal company you should choose:
- Accessibility: There are many waste removal companies in the United States. Some have branches or stores in other states and locations, while others don’t. It is important to choose the one located the closest to you.
- Pricing: After you have narrowed down your list of junk removal companies, it is time to look at their pricing. There are many prices to choose from. The most affordable one should be chosen.
- Where and how much they recycle and donate: You can also find out where they donate and what percentage they recycle.
It would be best if you weighed the pros and cons of at least three to four waste removal companies side-by-side based on pricing, availability, and reviews before you choose the one that works best for you. Through reviews, you can learn more about their experience, as well as the honesty, trustworthiness, and reliability of their equipment. You can also find out about any minor services they offer that may not be listed on the website.
Reliable junk removal companies should have a large staff that can take care of small items like refrigerators and couches and hauling away junk from entire properties. To avoid being in your home for too long, they should be able to remove junk quickly. Many companies will offer discounts if you store your junk outside of your home for easy pickup.
If you have already abided by their list of acceptable items, then they shouldn’t be too picky about your trash. The shape, size, and form of junk items should not matter to a waste removal company. The company should have the right equipment and vehicles to do the job smoothly. If you have a large piano that needs to be moved, the company must have the equipment and the human resources necessary to make it happen. You should also pay attention to the certification skills of the crew members and other team members, which allows you to see how experienced and trained they are in handling different types of junk items. Professional junk removal companies also clean up the area from which they collected the junk to be available for you to use once they are gone.
A good junk removal company should be one who:
- charge based on the amount of junk that must be removed
- Accept all sizes and types of garbage
- You will be able to save time and still be financially responsible.
- Offer a free estimate for junk removal
- Have professional, well-trained employees who are knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly to customers.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry developments and eco-friendly garbage disposal methods.
No responses yet